This is a free food and drink festival based in Wellington’s town centre. Its aim is to showcase primary producers from within 25 miles. There are over 80 stalls, screen printing workshop, cookery school and entertainment at each one-day festival.
The Postcode for the centre of the festival is TA21 8QT
PRE ARRIVAL AND PARKING MAP
The festival site is not near a railway station. The nearest station is in Taunton and this a 20minute taxi journey. You can make teh journey by bus, but thsi does involve a change. Check the bus transport journey here. The terrain is flat with dropped kerbs throughout.
There is an accessible taxi service run by Monument Taxis who can be contacted on 01823 664 444.
The nearest car park is Longforth Road, which is approximately 100m from the festival site
· Longforth Road TA21 8RQ - 158 spaces of which 9 are dedicated blue badge spaces
· South Street TA21 8PW - 83 spaces of which 6 are dedicated blue badge spaces
· North Street TA21 8LZ - 99 spaces of whcih 8 are dedicated blue badge spaces
NOTE:- Blue badge holders are still required to pay for their parking - but they get the first hour free.
Entry to the site is free and all on level ground.
Road surfaces are smooth tarmac and is level access throughout.
The pavements in South Street are tarmac and on the High Street are a mixture of stone flags, brick sets and tarmac patches.
All the stalls are set up on the road surface. The majority of stalls are canvas gazebos with counters at table height (75cms) and producers will be happy to serve from the front of the stall.
Screen Printing Workshop in the Quaker Meeting House
Access is from the street through a covered walkway. The Meeting House has steps, but a large ramp is always installed to enable access. Within the meeting house access is 100% level.
The workshop takes place using 60cm high tables. eat:Festivals stewards [Show Makers] are available to help people with disabilities and can provide space at the front of the audience.
The festival map shows the location of public toilets that are open during the festival. There are also many cafes, bars and restaurants around the festival that allow access during the festival.
· Printed festival overview, including map available from Show Makers.
· Assisted dogs are welcome and water is provided.
· Hire of motorised mobility scooters may be possible from Millbrook Mobility on 0333 003 5621 who are based in a nearby industrial estate. NB They are only open Monday to Friday.
· Monument Taxis: 01823 644 444
· Local Buses: First Bus
· First Great Western: 0800 197 1329 or using type talk on 18001 0800 197 1329