This is a free food and drink festival based in Taunton’s town centre - using Hammet Street and the churchyard of St Mary Magdalene Church. It's aim is to showcase primary producers from within 25 miles. There are over 80 stalls, demonstrations, cookery school and entertainment at each one-day festival.
Church Square post code is TA1 1SA
PRE ARRIVAL AND PARKING MAP
The festival site is approximately 0.5 miles from the railway station and will take approximately 15 minutes to walk. The terrain is flat with dropped kerbs throughout.
There is also a wide choice of taxi services in taunton, one of which is Taunton Taxi Services who can be contacted on 01823 248248.
A link showing all car parks is here
NB Whirligig car park is CLOSED on the day of the festival
The nearest car park is Canon Street, which is approximately 10m from the festival site. It has 9 disabled bays
· Coal Orchard - 8 dedicated Blue badge spaces
· High Street - 12 dedicated blue badge spaces
· Orchard multi story car park - 20 dedicated blue badge spaces
· The Crescent – 1 dedicated blue badge space
· Tangier – 0 dedicated blue badge spaces
NOTE:- Blue badge holders are still required to pay for their parking.
Entry to the site is free and all on level ground.
Hammet Street & Church Square
Surfaces are smooth tarmac and is level access throughout.
Paths are paved in a mix of tarmac and flagstones, some slight unevenness - no ramps
The majority of stalls are canvas gazebos with counters at table height (75cms) and producers will be happy to serve from the front of the stall.
Cook School in the Church yard
This is under a streatch canopy staked into the grass n the church yard. Access to it is level, but this is across grass.
This is a hands-on cook school and the counter is at table height (75cm). The host is available to assist those requiring more help.
There are public toilets on Castle Green that are open during the festival. There are also many cafes, bars and restaurants around the festival that allow access during the festival.
· Festival overview, including map available from information point and Show Makers.
· Assisted dogs are welcome and water is provided.
· Hire of motorised mobility scooters from Compass Disability Services on 01823 327900 who are based in the Orchard Centre
· First Great Western: 0800 197 1329 or using type talk on 18001 0800 197 1329
· Taunton Taxis Service: 01823 248248
· Local Buses: First Bus